Friday, June 30, 2006

 

to blog is to live

Last night I looked at quite a few blogs and enjoyed most of them. While I wasn't surprised to see the variety of things people blog about, it's different to actually experience it than 'know' it in an abstract sense.

Many of them I could not understand as they weren't in my native language. Some were from perspectives which were fascinating, others alien to me. Many were much like this is. It's a good thing to just page through blogs at random to keep yourself humble. Too much of one viewpoint can give you a false idea of what's really out there.

The reasons people choose to do this are as varied as what they write. For my part, this is an opportunity to express my own opinion and contribute to the community, and also a way to practice the art of writing.

We are social animals, and we need each other. It is a huge part of being human. Though we are sometimes disgusted with humanity, we mustn't forget all the incredible goodness either. There really is more cooperation than conflict, and we can be blind to that if we allow ourselves to be. Maybe I will take that for granted much of the time, and gripe about what's wrong with the world. But I haven't yet become a total misanthrope. Not yet.

Comments:
It's nice to be linked to a blog that actually has interesting content every once in awhile.
 
Snake Hunters agree...

"To Blog Is To Live"...and also
to add purpose to one's life
at any age!

www.lazyonebenn.blogspot.com
 
Thanks for the encouragement! To speak up is important, as is listening. Thinking doesn't hurt either.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?