Tuesday, July 11, 2006

 

Had a great day today!


I left work a little early and went up to the mountains today to hang out by the riverside.

The temperature wasn't too hot, but it was still nice. The sun shone, the water was clear and cold. I dove in the pool and stalked a big fish with my snorkel and mask.

It wasn't too crowded either. I like people, but something about being in nature makes me want to escape the crowd. So I could hear the water flowing over the stones, the breeze in the trees, and the birds all around.

I'll post some pics when I can.

(I finally figured out how to get the pictures on the site!)

These are canyons of volcanic rock carved out by the river, with lots of pebbles to make up the river bed. It's not slimy like a lake, but either gravel, pebbles, or solid rock. This is taken from a pebbly beach looking upriver toward a rockshelf that borders one of the deep pools.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?