Thursday, November 02, 2006

 

The story so far....

Well, I had no real idea for a story, so I decided to go ahead and start throwing out some characters and a couple of provocative situations. Maybe if I toss enough stuff on the compost heap things will begin to happen.

One thing I want to do is try to at least keep things moving so that it doesn't get too bogged down in conversations that go nowhere. If I can just keep everyone a little out of breath maybe they'll just have time to say what's necessary and skip the elaboration.

Naturally, I'm behind, with about 2100 words as of this afternoon. I need about 1200 more to keep up the pace.

I still haven't overcome the barrier of wanting things to be just so. Afraid of committing myself to any particular thing in case it doesn't pan out. Sooner or later something will have to happen that upsets my apple-cart and sends everything rolling off in a new direction.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?